Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

As I sit in my recliner, contemplating what we will do tonight, I think back on this past year, and honestly, once again it's a blur! It's the year we have had many "lasts". It's a year that Dad got really sick and thank goodness is better now....I also found out just how fast one can get from Lewisville to Mt Pleasant, without a ticket. It's a year that we met an environmental deputy. It's the year we moved out of my dream house (should close week after next!). It's the year Chelsey took her first college classes. It's the year we lost my wonderful brother in law Donny. It's the year we acquired Tank. It's the year Mom retired. It's the year Danny and I celebrated our 21st Anniversary and the kids got one year away from being 18. Colton turned 8 and Dylan went to double digit 10 years old... Colby stepped on Bobcat field for the very last time in uniform. What a year!

2012 will be an interesting, exciting and sad year....Graduation times TWO. Being unsure if we will stay in Celina after they get out of school. Considering we have worn orange since 1998, this could be a major change for Danny and I. Things I want to do....lose weight, quit smoking, go on a cruise or at least a tropical vacation, and savor every minute of the last few months that the kids are in high school. I want to build our saving back up....grow my hair down to my shoulders...find a charity or organization to volunteer with....visit Baylor NICU on April 4th....see my sister a little more often....fish with my Daddy... Spend more time with Ashley and the boys....start a tshirt quilt with my Mom....and spend time with Danny, other than in our recliners... I think I can do all that in a year!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy NYE....now bring on 2012!

Much love,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post! Love it! Happy New Year! Hope ya'll have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete