Sunday, January 1, 2012

A lazy day...

Have not left the house today! Got up and started lunch....had been cooking black eyed peas in my crock pot since late yesterday afternoon, and when I got up, they were almost gone...Danny, Colby and Kevin enjoyed them at 1am. Soooo, I added a couple more cans and cranked the pot up on high. Pork chops, ham, cabbage, corn bread, deviled eggs, scalloped potaoes joined the peas. We ate lunch at 11:15 and I think Danny was back asleep before 12. I snoozed in my recliner until the neighborhood Welcoming lady rang the door bell....we've been here 3 months and she chooses to visit when I am napping. Really? I was friendly and then shut the door.....

Danny and I went to Hank's in McKinney last night and left by 11:15. We were home in 15 minutes and watched tv until I was about to pass out at 12:30. I went to bed, Danny stayed up. Colby and Kevin got in shortly after and they watched tv for a while. I was snoring no doubt! Chelsey and Christen made it home safe and sound too. That's a successful night!

Now I anxiously await the Cowboy game as Danny snores in his chair. I could never sleep as much as he does! Chelsey and I walked this afternoon...had to reminder her that I do things for her all the time...so shed go with me. Legs are SORE from yesterday. Half the walk is winding downhill...then it's ALL uphill back. Oh well...no pIn, no gain.

One of Cheleys friends lost her Mom to cancer yesterday afternoon. So sad....funeral is Wednesday, and will surely be a sad one. All the Senior Moms will just have to make sure Haley is taken care of thru the rest of her Senior year...

Off tomorrow...guess I'll take down the tree and "undecorated" the house.....

Happy 2012!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment