Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Exciting news..

Sometimes it is the little things that make this girl happy.....Monday, on my way home from work, I discovered too late that the new bridge from 121 to the tollway was open. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. This may not seem big, but for a year and a half I have had to exit off of 121, sit thru a light, go less than 50 yards, sit thru another, turn left and go less than 100 yards and sit thru another. Now....in all this time, I have figured out that if I am FIRsT in line at the 2nd light and punch it when the light turns I can make it before the last light turns yellow/red. And I mean lay down on it to make it....it's all part of the game. Being first is the real challenge. Yesterday and today, I took the tollway exit and went up and over the bridge and made it to the same spot in 1 minute, that usually takes 5 or more minutes. Today, same thing! So.....I can now make it home, traffic permit, in 30 minutes. That my friends and family is exciting stuff. Consider I have commuted since 1984, 5 days a week (except holidays and the rare chance I take vacation) a minimum of 40 miles round trip...I refuse to calculate the gazillions of miles, but it is no doubt a bunch, 5 minutes is a lot of time.... See, it's the small things sometimes...

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment