Another long week! Again, I am glad it is Friday. Not much going on this week, except the kids running around all day, planning for Father's Day and work work work...
Funny work stories this week (someday I shall write a book). Mr Martin is buying a condo in Florida...young guy, first house. Sold originally in 2005 for $235,000.00. Foreclosure now, selling for $62,900.00. This is $10,000.00 over the listing price of $52,900.00. Hummmm...so I ask him why so much over, his reply is "because it was the only way to get it.". I run comps, we do an appraisal, check Zillow.com and come up with a value of $51,000.00 to $52,000.00. He's MAD that I say this range...proceeds to say that the condos are selling for more now and that the market is back in Florida. I explain that we feel our value is solid, and that he is welcome to pay more than it is worth, but instead of needing $5k down, he'll need to have $16k. Well....he doesn't want to do that! He tells me to put the loan on hold until he finds another lender. Got it buddy...geez!
Next, appraisal in Iowa, house covered in mold...ceiling is black, walls black, and flooring is black....WHAT is the customer thinking? Single Mom with little ones. House is being gutted and repaired....sounds like a tear down to me!
We have to verbal employment within 10 days of closing, to make sure customer is still employed....the answer to one of these calls the other day was "oh he quit to house hunt.". Really? I mean come on!
Again....someday I shall write a book on my mortgage stories!
Dallas Morning News yesterday...Shelby C Area Player of the Year. This makes me smile....that girly is a sweetie and plays one heck of a game of softball. So proud of her!
Off to get ready for work, hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment