Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve...

As I sit here in my pj's with wet hair, I can't help but wonder what next Christmas will be like. Will the kids be home for Christmas break from college? Will it ever be the same? The answer is no...at this moment, we still have a little control. And they have been home to snoop thru their presents, and make lists, and leave a messy kitchen, and leave tooth paste on their sink, and fight me via text over curfew, and give me a big hug when I get in from work., then ask what's for dinner! Seems like such a short time ago that they were rolling around on the floor playing with boxes...ignoring the toys. Also seems like only yesterday that we just had Ashley for Christmas and I hid toys in every corner of the house, so that we could still believe in Santa just one more year. Last night as I danced and bowled with the boys until midnight, I saw a glimmer of days past with Ashley...gosh we had a lot of fun! Can still see her ripping into those packages with a smile, on all our faces.

Today we will be in Greenville first, then off to Emory. Then back home to have the last "Santa" in the morning. Let's hope he makes it!

Love to all and Merry Christmas Eve!
PK

No comments:

Post a Comment