Friday, November 5, 2010

Something in common

Carla....we have something in common tonight...I am home alone too. Well me and Billy Bat Ass (the bat by the back door) that is. Damn what a long week....TGIF

And now, dedicated to my beautiful sister, before she turns FORTY in just a few hours....my memories of you are as follows:

The nurses at the hospital would NOT let me see you.

I can remember when Mom and Daddy arrived home with you, pulled right into the yard, to the front porch (at the house on 35) They got out, and brought you in the house, my memory of that day has faded otherwise, except I am almost positive you had on a green sleeper. Notice I didn't mention a car seat....not even sure they had them 40 years ago.

Riding my red tricycle and your yellow and green one till the wheels probably wore off

Playing in the dirt under the cedar trees (again, in house on 35).

You throwing up if you ever had to ride in the back seat of a car

Riding in the back seat on the way to Tyler as you GRINNED at me from the front seat

Thinking you'd broken something when you hit me square in the back with a bat

Thinking Roger had killed you when he accidentally hit you right square in the head with a bat. I remember he and I grabbing you and running to the house.

Breaking a windo playing dodge ball

Cutting you heal riding a banana seat bike

You drinking Daddy's Coors from a can

Watching you play table and softball, in the heat, rain and cold....

Crying in our twin beds at night because you said you didn't have any friends

Watching our tiny black and white tv, that sat on top of our chest of drawers....why did we share a bedroom anyway? What was in the other one?

Watching you graduate from JR High and High School

Watching you walk down an isle....as I stood in a satin red dress

Thought my heart would burst when I saw you with Morgan the very first time.

Watching you struggle for a while, and then finally smiling again

Watching you walk around "the house" you wanted so bad....and then helping you move into it a month later

Watching you walk down an isle, at a hotel near the water.....thinking to myself, please let him take good care of her. (thank you Paul!)

Felt my heart hurt as you cried your eyes out, missing Morgan.

Enjoying my 45th birthday with you....at a time that you knew I needed a fun day.

Loving you for 39 years and 364 days now. And that will never end! So....even though it makes me grin, to think you are FINALLY 40....it makes me grin even bigger to know that we have each other....I love you bunches and hope that you have a fabulous birthday tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Please excuse the typo's.... iPad is great, except one thing, the only way I can go back is to erase.... Note, i do know how to spell window. You played t-ball and softball, not a table.

    ReplyDelete