Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's Saturday!!!!!

I always seem to start out with DANG WHAT A DAY or DANG WHAT A WEEK, it's not any different this morning....busy as a bee at work. 12-14 hours a day is a killer, and lots might say WHY do you do it? In the Mortgage world, you have to have compassion.... and remember that customer's lives hang on getting their financing completed as planned. (Megan, you feel the pain, as you wait for yours to be completed, right?) If the ball is dropped, their lives are turned upside down with move plans. Take this week as an example: 1) The K family moved from Slovokia to Longview, Texas with a Steel company DONE 2) Another K family moved from one side of the US to the other DONE 3) Mr G has a tenant lined up already for the home he is closing on Tuesday, that tenant is HOMELESS if I do not get his loan done. 4) Ms G, who's ex husband is threatening to make her sell their joint home (even has a court order), that she now resides in with her 3 kids(two of which are boy/girl 11 year old twins), if we do not get her refinance completed, to take him off the note DONE. She even asked me to come to Delaware to share the bottle of champagne with her after she closed! 5) Mr. L is leaving the country this morning, and he's closing next Friday, everything had to be in order before he could leave, so I stayed until 8:20pm, making sure he was okay and that we had everything for his loan. 6) Or the Mom, Ms K, who's baby is going thru chemo, and we had to get the loan completed before the next treatment, so she could bring him to their new home afterwards. No pressure huh? And this is just a few examples....we close hundreds of these a month and I've been involved in thousands of these examples over my almost 26 year career in this crazy business. It's all worth it when they say thank you... For me it's a tough job, but one that I still love, even after all these years.

Okay enough about work, I've now posted the pictures of Chelsey cooking, washing dishes and the final results....burritos, that were really tasty. I've also posted pictures of my cubicle at work, all decorated for my birthday. Used to have a big fancy office, a few years ago... :-( And lastly, in photos, Celina defeats Ranchview (Carrollton) 62-14 last night. I missed it, because I was making sure Mr. L was taken care of, before he flew out this morning.










Today, at noon, is my birthday surprise from Ashley, Chelsey and Carla. I can hardly wait to see what they have planned. Can't remember the last time I had something really fun to look forward too. Love those three....last time we were together was for Promzilla...maybe I should be Birthdayzilla! Or, better yet, I think I'll just roll with it, and see what they have in store for me.....bet it's a fun day.
Fly safe Mr L, XOXO to all, Pam (half way to 90 tomorrow) Fenter

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! Thanks for taking such good care of Mr. L, Ms. G, and The K families! It makes all the difference in the world when your "world" is turned upside down! :-)

    ReplyDelete