Friday consisted of a couple of questionable noises.....
First, it's 5:30am, I'm up getting coffee, Lily is up with me, everyone else is asleep (it's summer time ya know).....and I hear Rebel (our cat) SCREAM out on the back porch. Lily is barking, Danny jumps up out of bed, I freeze.....remember the monster ALWAYS get the people that go looking for him in the movies, so I AM NOT looking! Danny opens the back door as I stand back and there is no sign of Rebel. Duke (our lab) has ran around back to investigate as well. I'm thinking surely we are yet again, down one pet. NOT wanting to find the monster or the cat in pieces I stay in the house, Danny gives up looking and we go back to our morning routine. As I go to the garage to leave about 45 minutes later, there's Rebel, on top of Chelsey's Jeep, with a funny looking twisted patch of hair on one side. No blood. Not sure what the heck got ahold of him, but at least he's okay! That was noise number one for my day....on to noise number two.
My office is very near 35 and 121 in Lewisville. Basically we are on the 121 service road, which means one way only when we leave, or we have to cut thru the back and wind thru back roads to get anywhere. I HATE this.....in Plano, although a very busy intersection, we had everything right there, to grab for lunch. Since I'm tired of getting out at lunch and having to find a place that is not too crowded to drive thru, I decided to buy a small fridge for my cube, so that I'd be able to take my lunch, and have it right there with me, instead of in the community office fridge, where the cleaning crew throws it away! Fast forward, after stopping for fridge and supplies at WalMart Friday morning and setting everything up, 1:30pm rolls around and I realize I've not had lunch yet and it's late....I open up my new fridge, take out ham, cheese, mustard, jar of pickles....in cabinet drawer I grab a paper plate, bread and a knife. Mind you, I am surrounded by co-workers that are talking, working, etc all the time. I take the lid off the mustard to remove the little safety seal, replace the lid and squeeze, so that I can put mustard on my bread. WELL, out comes this noise, sounding like one big toot (from the squeeze mustard, not me)......everyone around my cube, that can't see me, but obviously heard gets very quiet. I put the mustard up, and open the jar of pickles. Pickle smell almost immediately fills my cube.... Now, if you were sitting on the other side of the wall and heard and smelled this, what might you think? Let's just say no one said a word to me for at least a couple of hours!
Friday night came to a close after Danny and I had dinner in Anna, Chelsey was with Dallas and Colby went to Tyler's, to join the family in celebrating Junior's graduation. No more strange noises....cat's okay and remember my motto....NEVER EVER go looking for the monster, that's when he gets you!
Megan, I think Hayden looks like a little drunk man walking, LOL, so cute!!! Carla, I anxiously await your next Winnsboro story and Jeannine, I'll pay the extra weight fee to hide in your suite case for the Bahamas!
XOXO,
Pam
I just read Cord's blog. That is one of the funniest stories...the one about him changing the diaper. I am still laughing. What a guy!
ReplyDeleteYour blog from Friday is pretty funny!
Love ya, Sharon