This afternoon I was BEYOND mad at my beautiful children. On my way home I text both of them, "HOME by 8pm no questions asked or I'll be hunting you down". Both got home at 5 till 8. On the couch they went, side by side, while I paced and yelled (honestly this is really rare for me) for about 5 minutes. Their new rule is IF you are going to text Mom, DO NOT begin your sentence with "Can you, will you, I need, stop and get, we are out of...." or any form of those words. I believe after 5+ minutes of full blown red faced Mom yelling, they have it all straight. Afterward, they folded and put up the towels, straightened their rooms, will likely not leave a dish BY the sink anymore, will NOT use the "good" towels in the bathroom, or leave crap all over the back patio after friends have visited for a swim, and dang sure will not text me with a request. Unless someone or something is on FIRE, my phone number off limits, unless they just want to say they love me..... Whew, do I feel better!
XOXO,
Pam
Shewww....I'm glad it's you and not me!
ReplyDeleteI'll just tell them to start texting you!
ReplyDeleteProud I was not there. Paying for your raising!
ReplyDeleteNo - tell them to text mom for saying that! We were perfect children!
ReplyDeletePaying for my raising? I shall let that comment slide.....and yes, Carla, I shall turn them on the Nanny with all their requests, she will know that we were pretty darn good!
ReplyDelete