Prom Post #11
As you can see the theme of the Prom was "A Midnight in Paris...." As I sit and type this at almost midnight in Celina, I think of many things....first, why on earth did I post the pictures in reverse? You'll see what I mean as you look at this Prom Post 11 and backward to number 1... I wanted to show the end of the journey first and then how it all came together. We have about 200 photos total, and not all are posted, but there are a bunch for you to enjoy. Tonight, I cried as Chelsey walked out all "dressed up and beautiful." Dallas even got choked up when he saw her....I thought my heart would burst! I'm going to take you back just over 16 years ago for a moment....Chelsey arrived into this world, just a minute behind her brother, and was so tiny...I missed the first 3 days of her life, because they were in a different hospital than I. When I did get to lay eyes on my precious babies....I sat and talked to each one separate, coaxing them to make it, even though so tiny. First, I had a Mom chat with Colby, about sports, fishing, his first truck, and willing him to breath, so we could enjoy it all together. Then I moved to Chelsey....I told her she'd be my precious baby girl, to wear bows (although she ALWAYS screamed later when i put them in), shop with, bake with, dress up for Prom....and she fought for her life, so that tonight could happen. We've had a round or two over this prom, and I didn't request that when I chatted with her in the isolet so many years ago, but it's that strong will that got us to this day. Tonight she was a beautiful young lady, the one I talked of that afternoon in the NICU at Baylor Hospital. Thank you Chelsey, for making me smile, cry, laugh, frown, and most of all, for making me one proud Mom. I love you with all my heart. Now, if you've stuck with me this far, I hope you'll enjoy the next 10 posts, as our first memory of Prom was created...Pam
CHILLS AND TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBlood, sweat, and tears...you guys did GREAT! She was absolutely STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!! Is stunningly a word? Honestly though she was gorgeous!!!
It was a work out, but all worth it in the end. Just glad we only have to do this once a year!
ReplyDelete