Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's in the oven Son....

Colby has asked me to bake one thing forever....Sopapilo Cheesecake. Tonight as I sit checking out Hayden's potty training progress, a new pet for a family, and a little girl who's Mom is losing her mind helping her fight cancer, I see it...in a blog title and I just happen to have enough stuff in the cabinet to make HALF a recipe...which means an 8 x 8 pan instead of 9 x 13. It's now baking in the oven and Colby keeps checking it, to see if it's cooking correctly. Last night he and I baked blueberry muffins, so we could have them for breakfast...I had ONE this morning and when I got home tonight, there was NONE left...lord help us be able to feed that kid a little while longer! He said, "mom, I had them for breakfast, just like we agreed". True statement...but I meant plural as in a couple of breakfasts, not just one! Anyone want to bet that there is no cheesecake left by morning?

His concern for breakfast is because he's been in in school suspension for 3 days...all they feed them is chips and a sandwich, so he has to eat it up before going to school. He skipped school last Thursday....this is the reason for being suspended. His truck stayed parked all weekend. While in CDC today, he missed a girl fight in the hallway....Chelsey missed it too, because she was in the bathroom. Now both the girls are going to be in CDC for 5 days....Colby is rethinking the fact that he is now free from "the hole" as it's called. He never ceases to crack me up....

Chelsey just got home from what was to be a work out and interview at PAC Fitness in Prosper. The lady didn't show up. She's interviewing to work the kids club room...watching kiddos while the parents work out and then wiping down machines after people work out. This should be interesting. It pays $10.00 per hour, so she has decided THIS is the job for her and the drive isn't far and they close at 10pm, so not too terribly late getting home. Guess we will see when the lady shows up again....

Colby is getting applications together in the next couple of days...trying to stay in town. Can't have all his pay go for gas money, so hopefully he finds something soon and close!

Just heard the oven open and close again....better go make sure he is leaving at least a little heat in it!

Love,
PK

No comments:

Post a Comment