Sunday, December 4, 2011

So many fond memories...

As I sit waiting for a danny to get ready to leave for Greenville, I think of the many fond memories I have of Donny....

He always asked me "how's my favorite sister in law been doing?"

We wrapped the trees with toilet paper, behind he and Susan's apartment after a night out at PJ's, while Danny and Susan cooked breakfast. I would throw the roll off the second floor balcony, into the trees and he would run down and get the end of the roll for me to throw again. He reminded me often that Danny and I went home and it rained....he had to try and get that toilet paper out of the trees when it was wet...so they wouldn't get evicted!

Ashley figured out early on that Aunt Susie had a boyfriend....she said "those boots are NOT Aunt Susies, Pam". He congratulated Danny and I on Halloween of 1990 for just getting married....I looked at Danny and said "who's that?". Ashley, being the sly one, said THAT is Aunt Susies's boyfriend Pam! Then said DUH and she walked away. He chuckled.

I watched he and Susan get married 11 months later....at the little church in Flats. Both all smiles. Danny and I too, because we already loved him at this point!

ONe time we were out at him wheat field...there was a semi with a trailer attached....I traipsed over to see if the keys were in it....he just shook his head and told me I could NOT drive it over his wheat.

Donny and Danny raided a corn field one time.....I came home from work to find them in our kitchen at our 2 bedroom apartment with a hatchet and our big wood chopping block. There was corn on the ceiling, walls, cabinets, floor, appliances....Donny said, it will be okay Pam, I will help you clean it up....

We cooked many meals on the grill. Including some of that dang corn on a cob!

We also had a big ole mess in PJ's parking lot one night with toilet paper. He bought two giant boxes and was tossing them to me one by one, to put into my trunk. We laughed until I almost peed my pants. Toilet paper was everywhere.

We used to race golf carts at their house. The rule was one had to steer while the other gave it gas. Danny and I headed out one afternoon, while Donny was sitting on the back porch. I was giving it gas and Danny was driving. I thought he was turning left so I leaned and he turned RIGHT. We laid it on it's side with my arm pinned under the top. Danny picked it up off of me. I had a gooses egg above my eye from hitting the rocks and was covered in sand. We drove back to the porch, which was less than 1 minute from where we left Donny and he said WHAT in the he'll did you two do....he put ice on my eye and again we laughed together.

He used to say Heeereeee now to Chelsey and Colby when they were little and they stopped dead in their tracks from what ever mischief they were into.

Donny was also a gadget guy. Anything for the kitchen. Always bought him something fun every year for Christmas. Choppers. Knives. You name it. And he used them all. He bought himself Ginsu knives one time.

We deer hunted. Shot boxes. Drove to Round Rock with a deer blind, only to have it roll down a hill after we got there.

The last time they came up, he and I sat on the patio and talked, laughed and drank a beer. Then Susan and I took off for bingo, while he and Danny sent the afternoon together.

We gave him a Celina baseball cap years ago, and he wore it all the time. When we got to their house on Thirsday, it was hanging on a door knob. Made me smile.

Oh how I am going to miss him....

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment