After seeing Megan's post about homemade cinnamon rolls, I had to try making them....but decided instead of taking the time to check for a recipe, I would wing it, sooooo....I went to the store and bought pizza dough, cinnamon, butter and cream cheese. I saw her pictures, so I rolled out the dough. Melted butter. Sprinkled it with cinnamon. Rolled it up. Cut the dough and placed it in a pan. Baked until kinda brown and done in the middle. Once they were ready I melted cream cheese with a little butter and spread it on top. Next I placed the lid on the pan, so the cream cheese could sweat it's way into the rolls. Colby came in and got one. He took one bite and I saw him sneak it to the trash. I was curious...so I got one, took one bite and tossed it. Although they looked great, please note, there is no sugar in pizza dough, cinnamon or butter. So, although they looked great, they tasted like non sweet pizza dough....next time I will take the time to write down the recipe!
Yesterday was INSANE at work....I learned that my desk does not allow for being out unexpectedly. Going to take me all week to catch up. Ugh...
Chelsey finished her dual credit college courses yesterday. The instructor came in with their final test 30 minutes late, allowed open book and for them to split into 2 groups. So....they all made the same grade. I am afraid she may get the idea that college is easy....
Colby is learning to live without football and work outs. He's still lifting weights, but is enjoying sleeping in and being able to do other things, such as going to the basketball games last night. Oh he misses it, but after all these years, he has a little sense of freedom.
Danny was HOME when I got here last night....since the roads were not bad, they didn't do on 12 off 12 hours. So glad he was here! I think he was too. Chelsey and I watched Milluonairre Matchmaker so he was in our room watching some old western....least we were under the same roof!
Off to find warm clothes that I can shed later this afternoon....our office gets HOT in the afternoons!
Happy Wednesday!
Pam
LOL! Pizza Dough and Pioneer Woman cinnamon roll dough probably don't compare. Ha! You must make her cinnamon rolls. Just a little warning...you need two pounds of butter. ;-)
ReplyDelete