Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Check list went to heck in a hand basket!

Soooo....my check list below looked sooo good, BUT, let me write about the challenges presented.

First....gas was turned on at the house but the hot water heater wasn't working. You got it, pilot light. I am AFRAID of gas, so no way was I trying it. Danny tried. No luck. I called a local guy yesterday mid day and he FINALLY came last night and in 30 seconds had it lit. This was after Chelsey and I went out to the other house and showered.

Day two of DirectTV. Not hooked up yet. They can't get a satellite. Seriously? I LIt.THEM.ON.FIRE today and they finally asked if I knew if there was already a dish on the house....heck I don't know...I mean shouldn't THEY know this? So....I called Chelsey and she looked and sure enough, there is one. So...they are coming tomorrow night They better. The silence in this house is driving us all crazy!

Next...house phone, which I do not think we need, but Danny does, SO, it was to be moved today. I called our number this afternoon only to get this loud screeching noise. Got home and no dial tone. Tomorrow AT&T and I shall have a conversation. It shouldn't be this hard!

Tonight we had pizza delivery. This is a treat, because we have always lived outside the delivery area. Not tonight....Pizza Hutt at my door step. Least that went well!

Also, can't get our wireless to work. That little AT &T box makes me want to scream. Least I have my iPad. It is the only thing keeping me sane.

Work was crazy today...when I am not at the office, I read my email on my Blackberry, and if I need to do something with it, then I mark as u read. I did this all weekend and then yesterday, since I decided at the last minute sorta to stay home and wrap everything up. I had 96 emails that I had saved....whew. Still have about 15 of them, but by percentage, I won. This excludes the 200-250 new ones I got today. I shall not take off again, unless it is planned. Spent all day long catching up!

Now....I sit in silence, waiting on Danny to get home, as Tank and Lily chew on their toys, Colby plays xbox and Chelsey is at a friends, because she can't stand it one more night without TV!!!!

Joy joy joy....welcome to the neighborhood!

Megan and Sharon...thanks for the update. You are both so strong... Keep your chins up. Love you both!

Carla, thanks for the chat. Ashley, thanks for the chat. Love you all!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment