Cleaned yesterday for 5 hours straight so that the house would be Spic and span for the showing. At 5pm, 2 hours before they are to arrive, my cell rings....they can't make it. I still had a good hour or so left of cleaning, so I toss all the mops, brooms, cleaning supplies, rags, etc., on the cabinet and went to Bingo with Sharon. Not a winner...only one crazy lady to laugh at. Stopped by Walmart at 10pm for washing powder and milk and was home by 11 and exhausted! Mopped the kitchen before calling it a night. They did at least reschedule for 1 pm today, so kind of them!
Woke this morning to wind and cool temps. Ahhhhh....love it! Makes it feel a little more like football weather... Typically I love summer, but this 100 degrees for 60+ days changed my ways a bit.
Forgot to cover a police visit on Thursday....I am napping and wake to a bit of commotion, well at least Danny, Chelsey and Colby talking in the kitchen, so I hit the floor to see what is going on. Seems that a cop came flying down the driveway, jumps out and runs to the door (Chelsey saw this part, good thing I was sleeping!). Colby goes to the door....asks if he drives the gray Dodge in the driveway. Yes sir, why? Well....it appears you left without paying for your gas at the Shell station.... Now, here's what happened: Colby stops for gas, puts his debit card in the machine (mind you, he NEVER knows how much he has in his account, so much for teaching him that part) and it doesn't work. Pump says "see attendant" so he goes in, gives his card, and goes back out to his truck to pump gas. It stops on $20.00. He thinks, okay that's how much I have in my account. Puts the gas cap on and drives away. The lady didn't tell him that his card didn't work inside, but she somehow cleared the pump. The cop knew this...he told Colby to just go back up there and pay and all is well, so he did. Now....Danny gets after me, because I always punch "no" for a receipt, when I get gas. One less piece of paper in my purse...being "green". From now on, I shall take the receipt option...can't have the cops chasing me down! I bet Colby is more cautious next time too. He can get into a mess without even trying!
Now I am off to clean my bedroom and straighten the attic.....they better be impressed at 1pm, because it is a LOT of work to clean this big house, but I am NOT going to leave them a note or anything telling them that. Maybe they will buy it and figure it out on their own!
Happy Labor Day all...
PK
No comments:
Post a Comment