Made it there and back safe and sound. Black boot and all. Security swabbed it for explosives...all clear in Dallas and in Vegas. Not much to write about except.....
As I sat waiting for our plane to start boarding I saw a handsome guy walk up near our gate with a big bouquet of flowers. He had no ticket. No bag. Just flowers. I am thinking what the heck. They do not allow anyone in the airport without a ticket, so what's this guy doing. He's watching as a plane unloads and people walk out. He looks very excited. I can't take my eyes off of him...knowing I was about to witness something, just wasn't sure what. Lots of people get off the plane. He stands and waits, and waits, and waits. I begin to think whomever it is may have missed their plane. Then I see him smile from ear to ear and start walking toward the gate. A tall, beautiful brunette walks out and he grabs her in a hug and kisses her. She is all smiles and so is he. She...was wearing fatigues...and had a backpack. He stepped back and pulled a box from his pocket. I see a flash of his wedding band....he pulls hers from the box and he places it on her empty left hand. By this time I had tears streaming...he hugs her again and she smiles really big. They walk off hand in hand. Not sure I will ever forget this. You think about the men over fighting for our country....but I forget their are women too. Well...I knew, just didn't think about them leaving a husband behind to do it. I hope they had a nice evening, hand in hand. Such a beautiful sight. I was frozen watching...wish I had snapped a photo, just to remember that tender moment.
Off to clean....company coming tomorrow night.
Pam
Aww, so sweet!!! What a precious moment to witness!
ReplyDelete