Thursday, August 11, 2011

One big smile...

Colby and I met at the Cardiologist's office at 3pm today. They hooked him all up and put him on the treadmill. Then they did a sonogram of sorts on the arteries in his neck. I think I help my breath the whole time. First let me say, this doctor schedules an hour and a half for each patients. He is wonderful! Hard to understand at times...but he was great with my big old Teddy bear son. BP was high when we started and I thought the worst. Colby and I kept making eye contact, but neither of us said a word. After he ran on the treadmill his top number was high but the bottom one was going down. Doc was pleased. The blood work was good. He said he had good genes. Good cholesterol numbers. But bp was still a concern. My heart sank....then he said, everything else looks great Colby....will you take your meds, eat right and come back every two weeks to be checked out? Colby said YES. Doctor Nawaz said...okay I will release you to play football....I actually had a tear drop when he said it. Then I said NOW...although football is his life....we want lots more life. Will we regret this decision in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years....Doc said no. He felt that Colby could learn to control it and there should be no long lasting affects that can't be reversed over time. Another tear dropped.... This doctor spent from 3pm to 5 pm right beside Colby. Checking his bp. Standing right beside him on the treadmill. Sat and talked to us for a long time and made my son smile about as big as I have seen in a couple of weeks. If my heart had burst right there....at least I was with a cardiologist!

So......Coach said not this week on playing, but next, he'd let him get back in there. He and 4 other guys will be the offensive line plus the center and all are 250 plus. I think we may have a Celina Steele Curtain in the making. Bring it on!!!!!

So glad he's going to be okay. And I know all that read this are too. Thanks for the prayers. We appreciate it!

XOXO,
Pam, the Senior Football Mom

1 comment:

  1. Tears! I am so happy for ya'll. Maybe it was a wake-up call for some reason or another. Can't wait to hear all about his football season AS.A.SENIOR. Is that possible?

    ReplyDelete