Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dr appointment results

Didn't start off good....Dr said if he was guessing the age of Colby by looking at his heart, he'd say 40. I about fainted....then he asked a bunch of questions..... So, the good news is, with the right diet, lose 50 pounds, card and less weight lifting, no more sports supplements, no more Monster drinks, no more beer, and take meds, it can be reversed over time. He picked up bp meds on way home and we go back in 2 weeks for a stress test. If bp is down and test okay, he'll clear him for football. Dr expects 2 weeks to be much better if he follows all of the above. Colby seemed releaved. If dr had said NO MORE FOOTBALL, not sure how Colby would have reacted. My bet is not good at all. Now, he just has to grow up a little and do as he is told with all this....so glad the dr took the time to talk with him and us, we were there an hour and 45 minutes. Small office, not in a hospital and dr (although not from the states) was very nice and patient.

Now....DAMN it is hot. 111 per car temp on way to dr from work. I think with all of the above, it is time for fat old unhealthy Mom to join Colby in eatting better, set a quit smoking date and set an example for him. He and I can do this together!

Love to all, and know that we are really releaved that the diagnosis is with hope and a plan!

Pam

P.S. Megan, the next time you are running around this way, call me....would love to see Hayden. And Morgan, so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad ya'll have a plan for Colby! Quite scary!

    I'm afraid you would have been a little disappointed on Saturday since H wasn't with me! ;-)

    I was talking about how pretty Celina was to Jeff and he was trying to figure out how far it was to Mesquite. Ha! Lots of land for sale I noticed.

    ReplyDelete