Chelsey and I went to court today....for the speeding ticket she got a few weeks ago. She was fine until we got into the lobby and a guy across from us was telling another man that he "just got out of jail" for something....two weeks he said. Chelsey started trembling a little. No tears, just nervous....she said Mom, we are here with criminals.....I said SSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!
The bailiff comes out and calls her name. In we go, both of us are to stand right in front of the judge, on a white tape line. The judge asks her if her grades are better than her driving.....he says "kids in Celina, Prosper, Frisco, McKinney, etc are killed everyday because of speeding in a vehicle.". Then he asks WHY she was speeding...she explains that Danny checked her out of school, to come after him, but she didn't know where to go and thought something bad had happened so she "punched it" to come home. The "punch" cost $270.oo and 90 days probation for her. He discounted it $70 "because her Daddy asked her to leave school.". She also has to take defensive driving....he looked at me and said "she can take it on line, if she'd like.". I replied.....NO, she'll be spending an entire Saturday at Golden Corral taking it..... The judge laughed and so did the bailiff. It is safe to say, that it scared her today. Not just the judge....but the whole process. I could be wrong, but I bet it is a while before she gets another one! Now....i may take Colby up there, with the "criminals" so he can get a little scared. Doesn't hurt them a bit!
No photo of Chelsey and the judge....probably would have gotten arrested, not worth it!
Football tomorrow night with Colby....Homecoming Friday night. Vacation Day for me Friday and a holiday Monday. FOUR days off....what will I do? Lily needs a hair cut, attending the parade and pep rally, and doing what ever the heck I want to....Danny will be working!
Night night....Pam
P.s. Marla, maybe if you rub Lovey in the dirt a little, she'll be brown!
Pam, what is your connection to Leslie Evans. What a sad story.
ReplyDeleteLeslie's blog was on a friends blog....I cried when I read it, and have followed from day one. Very sad...any story about twins tears at my heart strings, but this one is not a happy ending, as Leslie passed away today. Such sad story.
ReplyDelete