In exactly one week Danny and I will celebrate 20 years married....I can not believe it! If I said I remembered every detail about 20 years ago, you'd all know that is not the truth. Hell, I can't even remember why I get up and walk into another room sometimes, forget 20 years ago today! I do know this.....I was probably at home with Ashley, watching tv, making sure her school uniform was clean, planning her birthday, watching her eat out of a giant bowl of veggies (with ranch of course), picking out yet another bedroom color for her, checking her hamster (I do remember his name was Sable), letting her sit on the cabinet while I cooked, dropping her off at her Aunt Suzie's house before I left for work, making sure she had that bow just so in her hair, begging her to take a bath, making a fun run to the mall, going to McDonalds, playing at the playground, making her lunch, tgetting her foot out of the toilet, checking to make sure her toothbrush was actually wet after she brushed, the list is endless..... As is my love for her. Tough things happened oh so many years ago, things a 7 year old should never have to go thru. But we made it, and I love her more everyday, I just don't get to see her very often. And I am terrible about checking In on her. But she stole my heart many years ago and was my first.... So....Ashley, I hope you are reading this, and know that I love you bunches, am sorry that I'm absent sometimes, but you stole my heart along time ago and I never want it back. Much love sweetie....let's go have a Happy Meal sometime soon....
Love,
Pam (Mom 2)
No comments:
Post a Comment