Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kindle review.....

First...let me say, I'm not selling anything here, just giving my review. For Christmas, I bought something for myself, that I REALLY wanted. It's the Kindle from amazon.com If you've heard of it, you've heard it's fabulous. If you've not heard of it, let me give you a snap shot. Photo below is of MY Kindle. I ordered the orange and white "skin" for it, it's normally white. You can order books from amazon.com and download to the Kindle to read. It saves all in a library. I just finished my 27th book since Christmas. If you like to read, I highly recommend getting one. Instead of going to the book store and buying several books at one time (like I used too), I lay in bed at night and go "Shopping the Kindle Store." Find a book that I think I might like, read the reviews and then down load it. My credit card is connected to the Kindle, so it takes about 30 seconds to have the book. This way I do not have books piled up, waiting to be read.
To give you an idea of the different books I've read, see below:

I am Ozzie - Ozzie Osborne - great book about a CRAZY man!

The Surgeon - Tess Gerritsen - a GREAT suspense thriller!

Tommyland - Tommy Lee - another great book by a crazy rock star!

The Dark Tide - Andrew Gross - a bit of a weird one!

Private Justice - Terri Blackstock - good book!

A Promise to Remember - Kathryn Cushman - VERY good book!

Sharon Osborne Extreme - Sharon Osborne - Ozzy's wife...great book!

Dear John - Nicholas Sparks - read it before the movie came out, it's good!

The Pact - Jodi Picoult - great book, love her stories!

The Blind Side - Michael Lewis - read it before the movie came out!

Primative - Michael Nykanen - one of the very best books I've ever read. One part actually had me breathing so hard, and my heart racing, I had to put the book down for a bit.

Just down loaded (will be my 28th book) "Sh*t My Dad Says" by Justin Halpern. It's supposed to be hysterical.

This is a short list of the books I have read. Many were FREE downloads, you just have to watch for them under suggested reading and get them while they are free. I got the small Kindle, for $250.00 and it hold like 3000 books. Again, if you like to read, I HIGHLY recommend getting one. There is a larger version, that hold more books (like 5000), that is almost twice the price, but I love my little one! When I get sleepy, I turn it off and the next night when I turn it on, my last page read comes up first. No bookmark needed! Books cost WAY less to download, than they are at Barnes & Noble...hard backs that are $17-25.00 at B&N, and less than $10 on the Kindle. Hope you enjoyed my review!

You can also get magazines...haven't tried that yet, because I like the books!

Pam

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Carla got her feedjit done...what are you waiting on? You are gonna be outdone? :-) Let me know if you need help.

    So the kindle...I definitely don't read enough to justify one. But, I think it is awesome!

    I love Jodi Picolt! The Pact is one of my all time favs! I am in the middle of her book Mercy right now. Slow start, but quite good at the moment. I want to read Dear John!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete